[CREATE] shared resources spec

Alan Horkan horkana at maths.tcd.ie
Wed Nov 9 15:53:41 PST 2005

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Craig Bradney wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 13:39:25 +0100
> From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au>
> To: Daniel James <daniel at 64studio.com>
> Cc: create at lists.freedesktop.org, Free Ekanayaka <free at 64studio.com>
> Subject: Re: [CREATE] shared resources spec
>
> Hi Daniel,
>
> > Better to have a final decision than an interim solution :-) These
> > things have a habit of sticking once they've been adopted.
>
> Well, /usr/share/create was one of the proposed solutions, and a few agreed on
> it. Some got stuck on the idea of media etc.

Are we going with Create?

> /usr/share/create/palettes

Thought we were going with the term swatches because it is used by various
existing applications and the term palettes is sometimes use to describe a
particular type of dialog expected to be left showing onscreen.

> /usr/share/create/soundbites
> /usr/share/create/gradients

> > Whatever you decide, please, please make it LSB 3.0 and therefore FHS
> > 2.3 compliant:
> >
> > http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-2.3.html#USRSHAREARCHITECTUREINDEPENDEN
> >TDATA

Assuming what we have conforms with established standards can we have a
some kind of a vote on this and get a solid sense of agreement.  (the vote
is intened as a show of hands to prove we are largley in agreement and
have an adequate compromise rather than forcing anything on anyone)

I feel things are coming close to a conclusion and avoid getting stuck
with an interim solution.  I'd like to see things rounded off before we
try and address fonts, mostly because I'm not the best at finishing things
so I'm acutely aware of the imporance of finishing this.

Sincerely

Alan Horkan
http://advogato.org/person/AlanHorkan/