[CREATE] proposal site renew and logo.

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Apr 22 16:39:51 PDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 14:11 +0200, Peter Čuhalev wrote:
> hello,
> i got around a little time and made a logo for create and a little
> redesign on the css theme of the planet blog on create at fdo.org.
> i took jon's lightbulb and styled it a little as the idea was to have a
> lightbulb or so i remember.

Very cool! My only concern about the Create logo with the bulb is that
its similar to the jabber logo (jabber.org). However, I like the little
swatches net to the bulb.

I wonder what other ways we can get the logo to convey the ideas of
collaboration between other open source creative applications and
sharing?

Also, I'm curious to why you made the two 'e' letters grey.

However, I love the simplicity of the lightbulb, but think the lines in
it should be thickened so that it can also exist in black and white.

> anyways a preview of logo + how new css looks with it. + logo and .css
> files for switching included.
> am open to suggestions on improving and further developing the idea or
> things if needed.
>
> regards,
> peter

Cool! I wonder if there is even more tweaking you could do to the planet
layout. It still looks pretty similar to openclipart planet.

Thanks so much for undertaking this and making some cool ideas.

I look forward to hearing feedback on your ideas.

Jon

--
Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA