[CREATE] proposal site renew and logo.

Peter Čuhalev skatey at slocartoon.net
Sun Apr 23 13:51:54 PDT 2006

Jon Phillips wrote:

>On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 14:11 +0200, Peter Čuhalev wrote:
>

>>hello,
>>i got around a little time and made a logo for create and a little
>>redesign on the css theme of the planet blog on create at fdo.org.
>>i took jon's lightbulb and styled it a little as the idea was to have a
>>lightbulb or so i remember.
>>

>Very cool! My only concern about the Create logo with the bulb is that
>its similar to the jabber logo (jabber.org). However, I like the little
>swatches net to the bulb.

Hmm. jabber lightbulb, there is a similarity that's true. I wonder can
two projects have similar logos and co-exist I believe it is possible,
but I'll try to think of a new thing maybe.

I have another idea and I'll try to realize it and twick it soon too.

>I wonder what other ways we can get the logo to convey the ideas of
>collaboration between other open source creative applications and
>sharing?

I tried also to include crop marks into the logo, but it didn't come out
nicely so I just left the swatches, which I think are a nice addition.

>Also, I'm curious to why you made the two 'e' letters grey.

E's grey. Hmm I wanted to make something new from the name. Like to make
a difference in the name. Create is a normal word, but if you colour the
two e's in it it makes a more unique style. You could say The Create
project, the one with grey E's. (just had an idea to colour it. and it
balances the logo nicely too.)

>However, I love the simplicity of the lightbulb, but think the lines in
>it should be thickened so that it can also exist in black and white.

black and white. Hmm. i'll make a grayscale version also, and purely b&w.

>>anyways a preview of logo + how new css looks with it. + logo and .css
>>files for switching included.
>>am open to suggestions on improving and further developing the idea or
>>things if needed.
>>
>>regards,
>>peter
>>

>Cool! I wonder if there is even more tweaking you could do to the planet
>layout. It still looks pretty similar to openclipart planet.

Just got a great idea for tweaking the main site, planet and wiki. Will
prepare a preview in the next week or soo when I get to the time. I'll
try integrating a more unified layout, I'll see what I can come up with.

>Thanks so much for undertaking this and making some cool ideas.

I believe it is the least I can do as I find the project really great
and as things start to develop and integrating, like Scribus looking
into the Create folder now also, a good image will be important.

regards,
Peter