[CREATE] OpenRaster

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Tue Aug 8 11:56:05 PDT 2006

On 8/8/06, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 20:47 +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> > I read today more on blending options in PS
> > (http://www.samspublishing.com/articles/printerfriendly.asp?p=26131&rl=1)
> > and I wonder If we want something similar in OpenRaster.
> >
> I think this sounds like a natural thing to include in this format for
> operating on images. I'm sure as well we will find a great way to
> unearth even more blending modes, etc.

In my current experiments in GEGL (which has serialization/parsing of
XCF2 like XML now), I have not set any restriction on what
filters/composers (compositing modes) can be used. I probably already
use more such modes than photoshop support.

The bigger question is which compositing modes should be in a baseline
specification for OpenRaster, the classic over operator is the only
one that is 100% mandatory.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/