[CREATE] OpenRaster page

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 08:00:25 PDT 2006

On 8/17/06, Jon Phillips wrote:

> I actually disagree with you, as many people will not make modifications
> and the ability to have this online and available for edits is a
> brilliant strategy.
>
> Still though if you want to go this route, let me propose that we still
> put it on the wiki and lock the current version, and then make an open
> version for edits. When that gets to a sufficient version, we can lock
> that version and then have a live editable one once more.
>
> I really hope that you will agree with me on this so that we can involve
> more people than just 1-3...
>
> Prokoudine, could you explain the successful way we have done this with
> the Shared Resource Spec?

(Alexandre is the first name, not the second name :))

Actually, there were not many commits to that spec in the wiki. As a
matter of fact, wiki is rather a good way to show what we have now. I
would rather prefer to see more contribution from developers, but
adopting is slow, and even GIMP team goes their own way by creating
GIMP repository of assets.

When it comes to having OpenRaster spec in the wiki -- that might be
okay. But remember that amount of useful contributions will be pretty
the same as if the spec was a, say, LaTeX file in SVN :)

Alexandre