[CREATE] OpenRaster page

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Aug 17 11:12:32 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 13:37 +0200, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > I think the best way to get people on board is to write the spec on our
> > wiki and make a general call for help from the community so that others
> > can make suggestions and directly edit...
> As I doubt that a free-for-all mode of edition is a good idea to get a
> consistent specification. I had rather have a limited number of people with
> the right to do modifications, (a group of editors, with the highest
> diversity as possible). And other people would be asked to first discuss what
> they propose on this list.

I actually disagree with you, as many people will not make modifications
and the ability to have this online and available for edits is a
brilliant strategy.

Still though if you want to go this route, let me propose that we still
put it on the wiki and lock the current version, and then make an open
version for edits. When that gets to a sufficient version, we can lock
that version and then have a live editable one once more.

I really hope that you will agree with me on this so that we can involve
more people than just 1-3...

Prokoudine, could you explain the successful way we have done this with
the Shared Resource Spec?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips