[CREATE] OpenRaster core XML pondering (Re: OpenRaster page)

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Aug 21 11:54:40 PDT 2006

> > <image>
> >   <layers>
> >     <layer x='128' y='128'>
> >       <layer x='15' y='15' composite-op='under' opacity='0.6'>
> >         <filter class='gaussian-blur' radius='20'/>
> >         <filter class='set-luminance' value='0.0'/>
> >         <layer src='gegl.svg'/>
> >       </layer>
> >       <layer src='gegl.svg'/>
> >     </layer>
> >     <layer src='carstack.jpg'/>
> >   </layers>
> > </image>
> >
> > Any comments or suggestions?
> >
> > /Øyvind K.
>
> This all looks pretty interesting...where else is this spec'd out?
> Krita-devs, what are you guys thinking? Pippin, it would be great to get
> some more core gimp developers on here to discuss this as well...
yes it interesting :) and it's close to what we (krita-devs) have in mind, and
it's also close to the current krita fileformat which seems to be performing
well currently.

as for the <openraster />, note that as we want it to be close to opendoc, and
maybe accept as an opendoc file format, there will be used of "namespace",
tags will looks like "odr:layer" ...

The spec shouldn't be the priority, pippin's playing with gegl+xml and mine in
krita and convergence is more important right now, this way we can be sure
that the file format will work well.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---