[CREATE] Re: [CinePaint-dev] Open File Format for Raster/Bitmaps Graphics

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Mar 21 00:20:13 PST 2006

Hello,

> Your invitation was cross-posted to the GIMP developers list. Please
> note our list has a published policy against cross-posting there.
>
> http://cinepaint.org/docs/mailing.list.html
I understand your concerns, and sorry for breaking your policy, but the Create
project is about Sharing between creative applications and is totally neutral
toward any projects and I think anyone agrees here. And on side note, I think
we are past flamebait between projects, it's a good time to have peace :)

> In brief, the GIMP camp thought the format should be XML compliant no
> matter what, while I said no way would we be uuencoding rasters.
It might be a misunderstanding, I guess, beeing XML doesn't mean uuencoding
rasters, if you look at the drafts for xcf2 http://pippin.gimp.org/xcf2/, you
will note that rasters aren't uuencoded. And I agree too, I think most people
here agree too, that this bad to uuencode rasters. XML, if used, will be only
used for metadata.

--
--- Cyrille Berger ---