[CREATE] Re: Open File Format for Raster/Bitmaps Graphics

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Mar 21 02:52:03 PST 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 11:56, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Am 21.03.06, 08:55 +0100 schrieb Boudewijn Rempt:
> > I have read most of the publicly available prior discussion on XCF2 and
> > similar efforts, and I know about the shortcomings of that scheme. But:
> >
> > * zipfile with maindocument and layers in seperate documents is a scheme
> > that has proven itself already.
>
> Having not read too much about past discussions, anyway some questions:
>
> o Is a zip file seekable in any case?

Yes.

> o Zip is prooven to what kind of document content?

Layered raster images with exif and icc data and adjustment layers.

> o What is with audio, video?

I don't know: the prposal is about a standard file format for the interchange
of layered raster images, not a general multimedia file format. Of course,
the same trick we use for layer binary data could be used for general
multimedia content, if needed.

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi