[CREATE] LGM: Getting from the airport

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 20:07:31 PDT 2007

2007/4/17, Ted Gould <ted at gould.cx>:

> On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 11:45 -0400, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> > Please have a look here :
> >
> > http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Conference#Getting_to_LGM
> >
> > I know we should put this info on the LGM website — and we sure will.
> > In the mean time, please review this info and tell me if this suits
> > your needs.
>
> It would be good to get it on the website, I missed it on the Wiki.  I'm
> curious what you think about doing this route at 10pm.  Should I be
> worried about crime or anything like that?

Also, I'm not sure if there are, but it might be nice to have other
> options for people who don't want to go the public transportation route.
> Things like, how much should a cab cost?  What is a standard tip
> locally?  Do the cabs take credit cards?  In the US "shared ride vans"
> have become popular.  Basically they are cabs, but the company organizes
> splitting a cab with someone (usually 3-4 people).  Are there such
> things in Montreal?

Hi Ted,

Here is the info on cabs from the airport:

http://www.admtl.com/passenger_services.aspx?LangType=1033&id=52

And yes, you can take a cab as a group and each pays its share of the total
amount.

About the time of day, I wouldn't be worried in Montreal at 10:00 PM. But
this is really up to you. One thing to keep in mind is at that hour you
might wait longer for metro and buses than earlier in the day so it might be
advisable to take a cab an split the bill.

Hope that helps!

Louis

--
Louis Desjardins