[CREATE] LGM 2008

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 15:17:59 PDT 2007

2007/6/2, kamila giedrojc <kamila.giedrojc at gmail.com>:

> Plinnell wrote:
> > As I suggested, before May 15 is usually a good time from the
> > standpoint of airfares. They traditionally rise on of before May 15.
> >
> > For many folks from Europe this is also convenient as there are many
> > long weekends in May.
> >
> How about a weekend starting from Friday 9th,10th,11th of May?
> The reason why I suggest this date, is that in Poland we have so called
> 'long weekend' from 1st-4th of May.
> But this not necessary means more people (from Poland) would take part
> in LGM, on contrary most of the people just go on holidays.
> Also on 1st and 3rd everything is closed, and all the airports are quite
> crowded.
>
> However I can understand that it might be more convenient to organize it
> one week before (2-4 May),
> if during this time in other countries there is also a 'long weekend'
> which makes it more easy to come.
>
> > Even with 3 days, the schedule was very tight. Hopefully, we can make
> > it 4 this time.
> >
> as for the fourth day, I wonder if it shall be Thursday or Monday?
> I'd rather go for Thursday though
> > There are other projects which should be invited to participate and I
> > think would be worth having: Digikam, Littlecms again, Lprof,
> > hopefully can come, despite a last minute cancel this year. Those are
> > just a few off the top of my head.
> >
> that sounds great, we should have enough time this year
> > Once date and location are confirmed:
> >
> I wonder if we shall wait until more people say 'yes' for Wroclaw,
> or should we start with booking the rooms for lectures and creating the
> website?

Hi,

Kamila! Let's go!

We have an organising team, we have a nice and welcoming city! I agree with
Craig that Thursday-Sunday is better than Friday-Monday. A 4-day event is a
very good idea.

Let's secure the dates and make sure they don't interfere with some
important event for any of the participating teams. From there, let's
announce Wroclaw and let's get things going. You make the call when you're
ready.

Any of the week-ends you mention are fine for me too.

Cheers!

Louis

cheers,