[CREATE] LGM 2008

Plinnell mrdocs at scribus.info
Sat Jun 2 16:24:25 PDT 2007

On Saturday 02 June 2007, kamila giedrojc wrote:
> Plinnell wrote:
> > As I suggested, before May 15 is usually a good time from the
> > standpoint of airfares. They traditionally rise on of before May
> > 15.
> >
> > For many folks from Europe this is also convenient as there are
> > many long weekends in May.
>
> How about a weekend starting from Friday 9th,10th,11th of May?
> The reason why I suggest this date, is that in Poland we have so
> called 'long weekend' from 1st-4th of May.
> But this not necessary means more people (from Poland) would take
> part in LGM, on contrary most of the people just go on holidays.
> Also on 1st and 3rd everything is closed, and all the airports are
> quite crowded.
>
> However I can understand that it might be more convenient to
> organize it one week before (2-4 May),
> if during this time in other countries there is also a 'long
> weekend' which makes it more easy to come.
>
> > Even with 3 days, the schedule was very tight. Hopefully, we can
> > make it 4 this time.
>
> as for the fourth day, I wonder if it shall be Thursday or Monday?
> I'd rather go for Thursday though

+1

> > There are other projects which should be invited to participate
> > and I think would be worth having: Digikam, Littlecms again,
> > Lprof, hopefully can come, despite a last minute cancel this
> > year. Those are just a few off the top of my head.
>
> that sounds great, we should have enough time this year
>
> > Once date and location are confirmed:
>
> I wonder if we shall wait until more people say 'yes' for Wroclaw,
> or should we start with booking the rooms for lectures and creating
> the website?

Before we create the website, I plan to install a content management
system. We can do some tweaks to the current one.  This was a big
bottleneck for LGM2.

One other thing which we did use to good advantage for LGM 2 is IRC.

#lgm on irc.freenode.net is registered and many developers from
various teams are there.

Sometimes, there is nothing better or faster than interactive
chatting.

For joining: http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=irc
has some hints for first time folks and simply substitute #lgm for
#scribus

> cheers,
> Kamila

Cheers,