[CREATE] lensdb Licensce [Re: Lens correction database]

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Mon May 21 01:34:12 PDT 2007

Hi,

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> I'd like to license the library that interacts with the database as GPL,
> since I'd like to keep the database free and open. If a vendor wants to use
> the database easily, they can then always ask for a commercial license of
> the software interface and the corresponding correction routines.

Why not LGPL? That way the library stays free & open, the content stays
free & open, but you're making access to the database more widely available.

I can understand the desire to get money from commercial companies
availing if this, but the problemls with copyright assignment and the
organisational overhead seem more detrimental than beneficial.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary