[CREATE] LGM 2008

kamila giedrojc kamila.giedrojc at gmail.com
Sat May 26 16:05:34 PDT 2007

Hi,

I though since Boudewijn started the topic of LGM 2008, I should make
some comments.
On the last day of the LGM meeting in Montreal I proposed Wroc?aw
(Poland) as a next year's venue.
Since then I've been writing with Louis quite a lot to get to know what
is necessary to organize LGM.
I've also contact few organizations in my city asking if they would be
interested in taking part in organizing this event.
Especially one of them AASO was really eager to help me and my friends
to organize it in Wroc?aw.

Why I propose Wroc?aw for LGM 2008 venue?
- I guess most of the people agree it should be somewhere in Europe
- cost of travel and accommodation should decrease a lot
- Wroc?aw is 'student city', the policy of the authorities is to make it
innovation center of Eastern Europe, I guess that's why everyone here
loves this idea
- Wroc?aw (also known as Breslau) is really beautiful city with over
1000 years history

AASO (academy of alternative operational systems, promoting OS everyday)
has alread organized few international conferences, so I guess they have
enough experience.
AASO can take care of organizing rooms at university, hotel, printing
leaflets and id-s, helping in making website and preparing the program.
The only thing that they don't want to be responsible for is finding
sponsors.

Now it is the time to decide if everyone really wants the next LGM to
take place in Poland or in the Netherlands?
If everyone says ok, we could start preparing website with registration,
assess the costs, and start looking for sponsors.

regards,
Kamila Giedrojc'