[CREATE] Clipping Path names in TIFF files

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Mon May 28 04:54:17 PDT 2007

Hi,

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 02:15 +0200, Simon Budig wrote:

> - if this is not possible, because the string contains glyphs outside
>   the iso8859-15 range, we just use UTF-8, and prepend it with
>   0xff 0xfe  (the unicode byte order marker) to make it a bit easier to
>   detect a "free software style" encoded path name.

You probably want to specify this more precisely. The Unicode byte
marker is codepoint U+FEFF ("zero-width no-break space") and in UTF-8 it
is encoded as the byte sequence EF BB BF. I think that's what you meant,
just wanted to point this out to avoid misunderstandings.

See  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte_Order_Mark

Sven