[CREATE] What is a tint?

Olivier BERTEN olivier.berten at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 12:20:54 PDT 2008

The reason of my question is that Wikipedia
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tints_and_shades> tells about melting the
color with white (or the complementary) while Pantone
<http://www.pantone-france.com/pages/products/product.aspx?pid=17&ca=1>
speaks (in french) about "fonds tramés". So obviously, Pantone's (and
Louis') answer is for printing while Wikipedia's is for painting.

Next question: should tints come into color swatches? How to implement
that in the create (or SVG) model?

(I think the question of opaque spot inks on coloured papers needs to be
discussed in its own thread)