[CREATE] LGM 2009

Joao S. O. Bueno gwidion at mpc.com.br
Wed Jun 11 17:34:58 PDT 2008

As for the city, I was looking for Singapore - but I am fine with
Amsterdam. If India is an option, I think I'd prefer it over
Amsterdan for the "non .eu" year.

Of course, there is the problem of the costs and that is part of
the "if ... is an option"  condition.

On Wednesday 11 June 2008, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Wasn't there the idea to do LGM 1 year in Europe and the alternate
> year in the americas?

I thought it was more like one year in Europe, the alternate
year "elsewhere". :-)

> I don't mind where its at, as long as the story is compelling, and
> the overall deal to get most developers to the region fits.
>
> Obviously, major cities are going to have the advantage with
> cheapest airfares, and then need solid backers in the city. I would
> rank easiest to get, and best overall deal to as:
>
> 1. london
> 2. NYC
> 3. Amsterdam
> 4. LA/SF
> 5. Vancouver/Toronto (good option IMO)
> 6. Tokyo (but low developer count here)

USA may be a bit painfull to get to for some people. Of course, one
day it should be hosted there, but, for example, for me it would mean
about U$150.00 extra cost for the Visa appliance only. (if we are
talking just about the cash. There are more hasles)

Regards,

	js
	-><-