[CREATE] limit of tolerance [was: Pitching a community-funded conference]

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Fri Mar 14 16:29:47 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 22:04 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> My point is not to warm up old hats. It would contradict the gestures of
> many individuals, which like to calm down for this.

And I am one of those.  Your solution is to ask Yosh to silence his
frustration and mine is to ask Robin to provide proof for his statements
or stop making them.  Part of the problem is that since Robin works on a
project that gets lots of attention as it's related to movie making he
gets a very large megaphone for his opinion.  So, in turn, he becomes
the de facto truth for many people whether he is correct or not.

> Just, to offend someone personally is over my limit of tolerance. I do not
> like to stay on an email list where such manners are accepted.
>
> A clear signal in this question is appreciated. Eigther it is ok here
> to let each one call someone a liar or
> personal offending is not acceptable.

I'm not defending Yosh getting angry, obviously this hit a hot button
for him.  The answer to him getting angry should not be to belittle him.

		--Ted