[CREATE] limit of tolerance [was: Pitching a community-funded conference]

Manish Singh yosh at gimp.org
Sat Mar 15 03:01:31 PDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 09:30:32AM +0000, Daniel James wrote:
> Hi Manish,
>
> >I look forward to your mail to Robin Rowe demanding the same apology
> >from him for all the lies he spread about me personally.
>
> I have never heard Robin mention you by name, either in person or
> online. So either you've been misinformed, or your information is out of
> date. You're really not helping resolve the situation by making fresh
> personal attacks on a public mailing list.

This happened years ago on the GIMP mailing list, as well as the now
taken down filmgimp website. Yes it was a while ago, but no retraction
nor apology was made for such statements. He also continues to badmouth
GIMP with lies, the latest being that FOSDEM interview.

> >I'm not the one
> >who started with the personal attacks.
>
> You know, in Northern Ireland they used to say things like 'remember
> what happened in 1649'. If they can learn not to kill each other after
> 350 years of conflict, then I'm sure you and Robin can learn to get
> along. Please try to put the interests of the Gimp project and the
> community ahead of your personal dispute.

Robin Rowe simply does not have the technical skills, nor the project
management skills, nor the fundraising skills, nor any redeemable
skills whatsoever to help the free software community.

He's had 5 years to prove that this isn't the case, and has failed.

-Yosh