[CREATE] Bad news from Amsterdam

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Thu Oct 2 04:43:11 PDT 2008

Dave Crossland a écrit :
>>> I don't see any compelling reason to ship more than half of the people to
>>> Singapore even if Andy has the time, will power and venue etc. Just a
>>> waste
>>> of money IMNSHO. I wouldn't sponsor it even if I had the money - just for
>>> jaunt for 100+ people. I also think a good percentage of tickets would
>>> have
>>> to be bought for people rather than get them to be reimbursed.
>>>
>>> my 4c :)
>>>
>>> Craig
>> +1
>>
>> In the alternative would Montreal be acceptable given we think the Uni would
>> welcome us back ?
>
> As Joao says, its about having a lead organiser and a team of local
> hands to make it happen, more than about having a welcoming venue
> (which are relatively easy to come by, compared to an admin team)
>
>> A second thought would be to have it again in France, but not in Lyon, in
>> Western France which would be 2.5hrs direct from Paris via the TGV.
>
> Who would organise it? :-)
>
> I suggest that anyone who wants it nearer them put together a plan and
> post it here in the next few weeks, as Andy appears to be doing, and
> we can decide what to do based on those more concrete proposals.

Hello all,

I can confirm here that doing it again in Montreal in 2009 is a
realistic option, if this is the will of the teams.

It has to be understood that I am not pulling it towards "me" but as I
understand it so far from the discussions, it seems that Singapore is a
long-shot that we should continue to consider but maybe for 2010 or
later, with a lot of preparation ahead. In any event, I will give a hand
to anyone willing to organise the LGM. I also expect to be given a hand
for taking care of this baby!

So, back to Montreal?

Please speak up!

The uni is enthusiastic to welcome us again. On my part, I can offer to
organise LGM 2009 with the same enthusiasm! I know what is ahead of me,
so you can take this as a concrete proposal!

Cheers!

Louis