[CREATE] LGM 2009 Proposals

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Tue Oct 7 01:39:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

Jon Phillips wrote:
> There are a few ways we can figure out which one to go with above. What
> do you all think?
>
> 1.) EASIEST: Let the last 3 organizers of LGM's to make the decision and
> be in complete agreement over the decision for next year.

I've previously proposed a committee made up of ex-organisers and the
biggest attending projects. That is, a group of 6 with:
Me, Louis, Kamila, and someone from each of the GIMP, Inkscape and
Scribus (probably Sven, don't know who from Inkscape (Bryce maybe?) and
either Peter or Craig).

> 2.) EASY: We let the above proposals fill out by the proposers and then
> we can all make comments on the proposals, and decide amongst ourselves
> where to do the next LGM.

That's probably a precondition, rather than an alternative to be honest :)

> How does this sound to all? Is the above too complicated and/or place
> too much strain on this process? I'm hopeful all get a chance to make
> case, and set me straight if I'm off-point on anything in this email. :)

Gathering comments is great, having a small group which represents the
main stakeholders is good for reaching a finality and getting a decision.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary