[CREATE] LGM 2009 Proposals

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Oct 7 01:41:32 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 10:39 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> > There are a few ways we can figure out which one to go with above. What
> > do you all think?
> >
> > 1.) EASIEST: Let the last 3 organizers of LGM's to make the decision and
> > be in complete agreement over the decision for next year.
>
> I've previously proposed a committee made up of ex-organisers and the
> biggest attending projects. That is, a group of 6 with:
> Me, Louis, Kamila, and someone from each of the GIMP, Inkscape and
> Scribus (probably Sven, don't know who from Inkscape (Bryce maybe?) and
> either Peter or Craig).

Sorry, I somehow missed this. Sounds good. I think Bryce or Ted...

The (L)G(M)6.

> > 2.) EASY: We let the above proposals fill out by the proposers and then
> > we can all make comments on the proposals, and decide amongst ourselves
> > where to do the next LGM.
>
> That's probably a precondition, rather than an alternative to be honest :)

Yes, true...I meant this as a more freeform decision by those who speak
up :)

> > How does this sound to all? Is the above too complicated and/or place
> > too much strain on this process? I'm hopeful all get a chance to make
> > case, and set me straight if I'm off-point on anything in this email. :)
>
> Gathering comments is great, having a small group which represents the
> main stakeholders is good for reaching a finality and getting a decision.
>
> Cheers,
> Dave.

Yes, I like idea of the committee of the aboce to review...committee
folks, what do you think? And, on the timeline?

Jon

--
Jon Phillips
San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing