[CREATE] LGM 2009 Proposals

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Tue Oct 7 04:26:17 PDT 2008

> > Yes, I like idea of the committee of the aboce to review...committee
> > folks, what do you think? And, on the timeline?
>

> I'm happy to be a part of the committee. I think I would suggest Peter is
> also on it as he has work closely with Louis and also with Kamila on the
> last two events.
>
> Two weeks from now should be enough to get more ideas out there.
>
> Also, the idea of Amsterdam, was that a full proposal or was it a side event
> with some sort of video/net link up? If not a full proposal, it depends on
> either of the first two or another event stepping in as as primary.

it is a 'side proposal' - we can offer a venue and logistics but cannot
guarantee any funding. the proposal is only on the table to recognise
that there is both an oil crisis and an economic crisis which might
prevent people from traveling far. hence those in the the EU that may
not wish to travel, or cant afford it, can meet in Amsterdam but it
would be at their own cost.

we will provide the venue for free and help organise hotels, try and get
discounted meals, organise break-out rooms, provide wireless, assist
with the schedule, and hook the event up to the main event via video
conferencing, irc etc

we don't wish to detract from the two main pitches and we would only be
interested in doing this type of event if a significant number of people
can't travel to north america or asia from the EU, otherwise its not
needed.

adam

> cya
> Craig