[CREATE] LGM 2009 - Decision to be made today

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Oct 26 21:30:21 PDT 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 18:52 +0800, Andy Fitzsimon wrote:
> Guys, long story short,  Singapore is out.
>
> The organization meant to approach the MDA  (singapore governments new
> media fund) failed to do so in time.
> This means we're down the $25k i thought we could get to remove the
> barrier of expensive flights.

Bummer, but the economy issues are real. I guess that makes it even
harder to get people to singapore right now.

> I personally am not out of assisting LGM 2009 wherever it is .
> That means the website, promotion and sponsorship request process we
> setup for singapore will be free for us to keep on using.

Great!

> Will have to get onto you Louis and show you what we've done that can
> still be useful.
>

> The Singapore bid will still be viable for 2010 but we'll have to look
> at that later.
>

> For now I'm upset that it has come to this but am determined to make
> 2009 be the best for everyone.

Absolutely! Louis, looks like Montreal is the best plan now. I think we
should put all our energy into this plan now, combine assets Andy
developed, and start rocking out the path to LGM 2009 Montreal

This time though I want to make sure we have a big poutine food bash ;)

Cheers...does this sound good to all?

Jon

> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Dave Crossland <dave at lab6.com>
> wrote:
>         2008/10/24 Alexandre Prokoudine
>         <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>:
>         >
>         > 4) Keerala, India?
>
>         That was suggested for a future year IIRC

Jon Phillips
San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing
GLOBAL +1.415.830.3884
CHINA +86.1.360.282.8624