[CREATE] Cross Software UI

Brian Vidal castillo dael99 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 06:51:55 PDT 2009

Hi there, we are starting a huge project in order to take advantage of some
applications UI re-design: we want to make a huge UI redesign in the best
opensource design, authoring and media creation/edition software.

The need to do this is essentially, to provide a cross UI between all major
media-related software.

As a starting point
https://launchpad.net/linux+design+studio

The main steps to do this are:

- Research: seek the most efficient and maybe beauty UI based on users
habbits and suggestions.
- Converge: make all apps share the same icons and key bindings (where
applicable)
- Reestruct: converge the way the preference and options are handled, then
the menus, the context menu and the new document creation way.
- Organize: Define the position of pannels, toolbars and such. (do not
implement now).
- Implementation: the big step.