[CREATE] Venue LGM 2010!

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Jul 8 01:53:21 PDT 2009

This looks amazing to me!

Are there any other dates? My b-day is may 28 so trying to plan
accordingly ;) hahaha

If not, then I think lets lock it in, get the press release ready,
pick out your favorite top 3 photos of the venue, add to the press
release and lets launch it this coming monday, july 13!

Great work Femke...

Jon

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 4:43 PM, Femke Snelting<snelting at collectifs.net> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> We think we have found an ideal location for LGM 2010!
>
> It's a former piano factory located in St. Gilles, a lively
> neighbourhood at walking distance from Brussels city center and Midi
> Railway Station. The factory has recently been renovated into a
> polyvalent activity center, including exhibition rooms, a café, several
> presentation- and workspaces. There are more spaces than LGM can fill
> ;-) and it is a perfect location to host the typical LGM mix of
> presentations plus concentrated or more informal meetings, workshops,
> exhibitions etc.
>
> The building would be available for LGM in the *last* week of May (24-30
> May; meaning LGM would run from 26 to 29 May). We need to decide before
> next Monday 13 July to book so it is important we agree on shifting LGM
> by a few weeks.
>
> Some impressions here:
> http://ospublish.constantvzw.org/image/?level=album&id=35
>
> The people running this place are supportive and interested in the
> content of the meeting. We have worked with their team before on another
> international F/LOSS event, and found them professional and competent.
> Network, equipment etc. is all available and we can use multiple spaces
> including a hall with 150 seats for the main LGM presentations.
>
> In addition, next door to the main venue there is a computer lab with
> ca. 20 machines on Linux and if needed for a larger public event (a
> screening for example), there is a cinema (500 seats) plus additional
> exhibiton space we could use.
>
> Because we will be collaborating with the Masters/Research programme for
> networked media (Rotterdam) and Ecole de Recherche Graphique (Brussels)
> on an LGM exhibition and series of workshops, we think it is essential
> that we can concentrate various types of activities in one main venue,
> so that is why we are more than enthusiast about The Pianofactory.
> Hoping you as well!
>
> best,
>
> Femke

Jon Phillips