[CREATE] Venue LGM 2010!

snelting at collectifs.net snelting at collectifs.net
Wed Jul 8 08:08:13 PDT 2009

Hello Yuval

> Femke Snelting wrote:
>> It's a former piano factory
>
> can't miss the building, it is beautiful both inside and out - the small
images don't do justice to such a beautifully restored building.

Welcome to Brussels! Yes, it needs some proper panoramic attention, you
mean ;-) Here some info on history of the building (in French + Dutch):
http://www.irismonument.be/fr.Saint-Gilles.Rue_du_Fort.33.html

>> The building would be available for LGM in the *last* week of May
(24-30
>> May; meaning LGM would run from 26 to 29 May).
>
> what is planned there in the three weeks before the meeting? will it be
possible to have the exhibition running from, say, May 1 to May 29?

I don't know yet; we have agreed on using their large space (there is only
one of that size) for the last week of May plus several other spaces but
which ones exactly we will finalize over the next weeks/month.

> on their website the Agenda (one single page) ends in April 2009 and
starts in December 2008?

Hmm. don't think this agenda is eh ... very up to date! They are finishing
a new site at the moment

>> Because we will be collaborating with the Masters/Research programme
for
>> networked media (Rotterdam) and Ecole de Recherche Graphique (Brussels)
on an LGM exhibition

> will there be place for <http://www.uwivi.com> ? signals from the Hugin
users community is that they are ready for a second edition.

Ah nice. Looks like there will be multiple installations/exhibitions going
on, but if you don't mind we'd like to first secure venue, date and
website and than start working on what goes where. I am sure there will be
a good place for it.

best!

Femke