[CREATE] OpenRaster clarifications

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Jun 20 09:27:41 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 17 June 2009, Martin Renold wrote:
> > ..."width" and "height" are positive integer, their default value is set
> > to the value defined by the data source for a layer...
>
> Thinking about this, I don't see any benefit for the width/height attribute
> at all, as opposed to using an explicit crop filter when needed.  It seems
> like an unneccessary and tricky task to calculate those default values.
>
> I used to think this was a good idea to define the image frame (something I
> want to introduce soon in MyPaint), however even this does not work at all,
> at least not consistently with the position in the <image> tag.
>
> Can we just remove generic size/height attributes from the spec please? Any
> objections?
Well I guess the width/height attribute were just added by copy/paste from the
image tag... So yes, I agree that width/height can be removed for layers (and
vice/versa for x/y in image).

When it comes to image, the width/height is needed, but optional, if
width/height isn't defined, then the image has the size of the bounding box.

--
Cyrille Berger