[CREATE] LGM2010 Proposals, links, flickr, videos and more: Please RESPOND with your links

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:49:09 PDT 2009

Heya Jon and all!

2009/5/12 Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>

> Hi all, Alexandre and others who were posting videos and photos, can
> you reply to this email with links to your opictures and accounts.
> Also, if you make a blog post about the conference, please send this
> out.
>
> I'm looking forward to follow-up post conference. This will help us
> all make a big splash about the conference for next year as well.

Yes! Big yes!

> Also, look forward very much to proposal(s) for the conference for
> next year. How about these get in by June 1st?

I would strongly suggest that we make the decision of next year’s venue by
May 31st.

Following, a series of actions to be taken:

1) Issue a first press release on the city. A second one when the dates are
known and a third one when the venue (the uni) is known, and so on. That way
we keep the rythm. These will be followed from time to time when we have
something to say!

2) LGM 5 website should be up and running on the 31st and we start a new
Pledgie campaign right now.

3) The actual sponsors should be contacted meanwhile and asked if they want
to be with us again next year. They will have the opportunity of having
their logo all year round.

> Sounds like Burssels is
> the best option for many reasons right now.

I think that too. We’d need to make sure with OSP that they have access to
the facilities, rooms and Internet access and accomodations are accessible
at a reasonable cost. But the preliminary discussions lead to think they are
already on track preparing an offer.

Is this an ok timeline for
> proposals OSP? Louis, also there was mention of a proposal that LGM
> Montreal take place every other year. How to get that locked in sounds
> good too!

This proposal for Montreal is a firm one on our part, as you have heard it
from Benoît and me! I understand that we could also decide to make that at
another rythm. This remains to be discussed but yes, the proposal is on the
table. Back in 2006 in Lyon we thought to alternate between Europe and North
America every year but this of course can be re-evaluated. Kaveh has
proposed to welcome us in India and I know that Andy would love to welcome
us in Singapore. We have many options to evaluate for the future.

> I have more notes from the conference which I'm blogging shortly, but
> I wanted to get some photos of the event first.

I hope that Yuval will be able to provide us with the surrounding pic of the
3000 people crowd who attended LGM this year! ;-)

> Oh, there are the river-valley videos already: http://river-valley.tv/<http://river-valley.tv/>

Yep! Kaveh rocks!

> Cheers all!

Cheers!