[CREATE] LGM2010 Proposals

alessandro rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed May 13 00:35:01 PDT 2009

buondì louis e jon,

> I would strongly suggest that we make the decision of next year’s
> venue by May 31st.
>
> Following, a series of actions to be taken:
>
> 1) Issue a first press release on the city. A second one when the
> dates are known and a third one when the venue (the uni) is known,
> and so on. That way we keep the rythm. These will be followed from
> time to time when we have something to say!
>
> 2) LGM 5 website should be up and running on the 31st and we start a
> new Pledgie campaign right now.

i fully agree that the decision for the next venue should happen as soon as possible.
still have two remarks:

- may 31st should be the deadline to deliver a formal proposal for the lgm2010 venue: i would leave at least two weeks for preparing a serious proposal...
- the decision should be taken in the first june week

concerning the website:

- i'm ready to do the tech work also for the next issue. i'd like to have a creative partner who would do the the graphic design.
- i don't think it's good to already switch the site to lgm2010: i really hope that we will have visitors wanting to see the past program fore a few months.
- the introductory text should be edited to state that lgm is over for this year and -- as soon as the venue is known -- announce the next year's event. i will take care of it. eventually linking to a lgm2010 subsite (which would not be shown by default)
- imo, the lgm2010 website should be switched in on december 1st, leaving enough content online until then.
(- i will remove the "sign in" form asap)

buona giornata
a.l.e