[CREATE] OpenRaster vs. FXG? :)

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Wed May 13 09:41:51 PDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Hubert Figuiere <hub at figuiere.net> wrote:

> On 05/13/2009 05:00 AM, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
>
>> Our philosophy at Adobe, with respect to file formats and standardization,
>> is that we will publish the details of file format specifications so that
>> others can read&  write our formats.  All of our major formats, and most
>> of
>> our minor ones, are documented in this fashion - SWF,
>>

> Seriously. If there is a spec that is so incomplete that it is near useless
> it is SWF. Ask the Gnash guys.

If you, they, or anyone else have specific comments, questions, concerns
about our published specifications for SWF, PLEASE submit them through the
OpenScreen project!  The current docs are our first attempt at trying to
document "all that is SWF" and it's certainly possible we missed some
stuff...if you point out the flaws, we can improve the docs.

BUT don't go all "conspiracy theory" on me, Hub...

Leonard