[CREATE] LGM 2009 Group Photo

Simon Budig simon at budig.de
Fri May 22 03:40:54 PDT 2009

Yuval Levy (create07 at sfina.com) wrote:
> Simon could probably hear me across the Atlantic swearing at myself
> trying to use the GIMP. Sorry, I gave up.

Oh, that is the reason why I could not sleep!

> I have a few
> feedbacks/questions (such as: why is the background outside the picture
> white? is there a way to paste a piece of image I just cut right there
> where I cut it from instead of the default (0,0) (which if you ask me
> should not be the default paste location)?

I unfortunately cannot judge from the distance what was the problem.
However, the background is only white, if the image has no alpha
channel, which might need to be added, depending on the image source.
If your image has multiple layers you should be able to delete the
background layer if it bothers you.

The paste location thing is either a bug or a weirdness I have not yet
encountered. The current development version pastes either on the center
of the current selection (which means on the spot you have cut from
unless you changed the selection afterwards) or centered on the image
view if no selection exists.

Sorry for the trouble you've gone through.

Bye,
        Simon

--
              simon at budig.de              http://simon.budig.de/