[CREATE] LGM 2009 Group Photo

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Fri May 22 18:28:12 PDT 2009

Hi Simon,

Simon Budig wrote:
> I unfortunately cannot judge from the distance what was the problem.

thanks for the answer, I did not expect you to solve my problems. Was
just a teasing reference to our discussions in Montréal ;-)

Is there a more appropriate venue I can join to contribute to the GIMP?

> However, the background is only white, if the image has no alpha

I did not express myself well. It is the border around the image when it
is smaller than the window. It's not pure white, but looks white on my
crappy TN panel when the display is not color managed. And it had the
same color as part of the sky. That, with the dashed border that looks
like a selection, confuses me. Why not use a pattern that is very
unlikely to occur in the picture? It could be similar to the
checkerboard used for transparency, but different enough to discern.

> The paste location thing is either a bug or a weirdness

another bug is that the location of cropped TIFF is forgotten. In this
case it's a minor annoyance (just had to re-render in Hugin, used more
resources but it worked) but for gigapixels panoramas it's a killer.

I've been able to build the GIMP on this end thanks to the excellent
instructions available on the site. BTW, why use googleapis.com for a
simple navigation menu? it gives your visitors away to internet
profiling; it does not work if noscript is properly enabled; IMO it adds
no value to the site, just make it dependent on a third party.

> The current development version

I built the latest tarball. Will try the development version later.

> Sorry for the trouble you've gone through.

If my troubles can be of help in making the application better, they are
  not troubles. I'll aim to use the GIMP for next years panorama :)

Yuv