[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Sat Oct 17 02:50:15 PDT 2009

Cyrille Berger wrote:
> What about both ? We could have the "dev" day followed by the "user" day. I
> think it's also important to have technical presentation to see the
> possibility for applications, and indeed, user showing applications is kind of
> cool, I think my favorite presentation in Wroclaw was Andy making a crazy
> display of what can be done with inkscape ;)

Nice to start imagining the actual programme (should we split this
thread again?)!

It looks like next LGM there will be several local art schools involved,
and also a growing number of design professionals is getting seriously
interested in Libre Graphics. Plus the location will help to welcome a
diverse public I hope...

Why not keep the good LGM tradition alive where user and developer
events mix (so to not split up into two tracks)? I always found it
inspiring that at LGM you can learn about both perspectives; even when I
might not always grasp the technical implications of certain
developer-oriented talks. Also, sometimes users and developers are
actually the same people ;-)

For the Brussels edition, I'd like to organise a series of
user-developer workshops; it seems a good format to really find out from
each other. Much work still to be done there, to make those more than
incidental/accidental but looking forward to it already!

Femke