[CREATE] Fwd: Re: [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

Robert Martinez mail at mray.de
Sun Aug 8 03:26:55 PDT 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [CREATE] [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website
Date: 	Sun, 08 Aug 2010 12:24:23 +0200
From: 	Robert Martinez <mail at mray.de>
To: 	a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>

On 08/08/2010 12:05 PM, a.l.e wrote:
>  hi jon
>

>>  On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM, a.l.e<ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>   wrote:
>>
>>>  hi,

>>>  just one: let's have create.freedosktop.org die of a painful death.
>>>
>>>  then we have a slot free for libre-graphics.org
>>>

>>>  some more thoughts:
>>>
>>>  once libre-graphics.org is up and working i would suggest to move
>>>  lgm and lgd to l-g/m and l-g/d respectively.
>>>
>>>  lgw has its own life and is the only site which currently works
>>>  (lgm partially works and create does only some small internal work).
>>>

>>  While I find your comments quite disrespectful to those who have
>>  contributed to the Create Project, myself included, I do find the
>>  appeal of consolidating projects very important. Are you going to do
>>  the work on this?
>>
>  i was not talking about the work done in the create project but the address create.freedesktop.org and what the website offers to the public.
>
>  i guess you were not telling us that lgm, lgd and lgw projects are useless, weren't you?
>
>  there is some important work done on the create mailing list and in the create wiki. and i'm participating in it.
>

>  feel free to feel offended.

this is not acceptable.
jon clearly adressed the way you proposed to "kill" one of his projects.
this sounded somewhat disrespectful in my ears, too.

I don't like your attitude concerning making others feel offended, and I
think for the sanity of a mailinglist you should consider to start
caring if people feel offended by what you say. ESPECIALLY when you
think they did get it wrong.

Robert