[CREATE] LG magazine #1::∞

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Aug 18 01:46:57 PDT 2010

buondì,

i answer to my own mail, and talk about the form of the of the
three answers i've read this morning.
(btw, thank for your answers!)

in my eyes they clearly show one of the biggest problems of this list
(sorry, alexandre, that i have to take your mail as a negative
example...).

when discussing about ideas, i'm convinced that we should take the time
to formulate our visions and positions in an "organic" way. dissecting
and answering point by point the arguments of another person will --
most of the time -- tear the thread apart, increase the contransts and
move the discussion to focus on many tiny details most of which are not
relevant at all to the subject being discussed.
this is what happened when discussing about the lgm venue, about the LG
association and about the magazine.

don't get me wrong, inline quoting is very helpful when discussing
technical issues. but the threads from the last few months have clearly
shown to me that this list tends to develop lengthy mail threads which
scare away the best contributors. and even the not so good one as i am,
now are gone.

i won't even talk about the value of replying with  a "+1" or "-1" in a
discussion about which direction should a magazine take.

as i wrote, i won't stop working for the LGM and other nice LG
activities but -- as long as this list stays as it is -- don't expect
any innovative contribution from my side.

have a nice day!
a.l.e