[CREATE] Print, the last frontier

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Aug 18 21:58:06 PDT 2010

Am 18.08.10, 22:45 -0400 schrieb Yuval Levy:
> IMHO as long as consumers/small office printers output is not at least
> equivalent to that in Windows, open source operating systems don't stand a
> chance to compete in the print arena.

The OpenPrinting people care about printing on linux, like handling a
PPD data base, drivers, standardisation, the CPD and so on and might be
more appropriate for your concerns:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting

Of course they can do few about inconsitent PPDs delivered by a vendor I
guess. Maybe the devices have support by a fre alternative?

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management