[CREATE] Open Source Fashion Software Update

Susan Spencer susan.spencer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 19:28:31 PDT 2010

I would like to say thank you to the open source graphics community.

I received much support, direction and advice to get this project started at
this year's LGM.
Since then, I've begun to learn Python, Inkscape, and implement SVG specs.
I would not have attempted this if I hadn't been at LGM.

Update:
1. The basic women's bodice pattern blocks have been written. Pics posted
at: http://www.sew-brilliant.org/2010/08/20/front-bodice-block-done/
The Inkscape extension files are available from a link on this page.
Feedback welcome.

2. The initial proof-of-concept that it can properly resize patterns to an
individual's measurements is a men's jacket from mid 19th century. Back
pattern piece is done. That leaves front & sleeve. Hopefully will it be sewn
up and worn at DragonCon by my stepson who asked me to do this.   I will
definitely post pics.

3. New name: TMTP project - (tau meta tau physica)

Further updates will not be posted on this list.
If interested, occasionally check out the blog/wiki at
http://www.sew-brilliant.org<http://www.sew-brilliant.org/2010/08/20/front-bodice-block-done/>
,
and in a few weeks on http://www.tmtp-project.org

Again, thanks to each of you in this extraordinary community.

- Susan