[CREATE] consensus constitency persistence

ricardo lafuente bollecs at sollec.org
Sat Aug 21 09:49:11 PDT 2010

On 08/19/2010 11:41 PM, Yuval Levy wrote:
> Hi Ricardo,
>
> On August 19, 2010 11:13:53 am ricardo lafuente wrote:
>> I'd risk an answer now, but i'd love to know
>> your thoughts before.
>
> I hope by "you" you mean all people/projects represented on this ML.  I am
> reading/listening.

I did mean you -- Yuval -- since you put forward a concrete motion to
reach consensus. I think there's a tacit meaning in posting to mailing
lists like this one that anyone's thoughts and comments are welcome.
These exchanges are never simple dialogues.

Anyhow, i think Louis summed up nicely how things can progress in the
short term. I'm still not sure, however, about setting directives for a
5-year period, it does seem too long.

Also, i second Robert Martinez's view on how the LGM 'brand' should
progress. However, this also reminds me that we've been discussing a
Libre Graphics brand that does not yet exist -- there's Create, LGM,
Libre Graphics World et al, but not Libre Graphics per se. Maybe once
the association/foundation comes forward, it can be discussed and
defined there.

Finally, i feel awkward by having chipped in in these threads and not
having mentioned Camille's work; honest thanks for the effort,
perseverance and all the good ideas that you put forward, Camille! :)
I'm all for applying this style to the Create website.

And it's great that wheels are already moving for LGM 2011.

:r