[CREATE] LGM 2010: sponsoring

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Fri Feb 12 07:22:16 PST 2010

Hi,

Yuval Levy (CREATE) wrote:

> been there, asked that, agree with you that it is the better of two less-than-
> perfect choices to encourage participation/contribution.
>
> When I asked a couple of years back, Jon shared the admin password with me.
> Then I realized that this is an endless debate. A Pandora box. I would make
> many people unhappy by changing *their* list. So I decided to forget the admin
> password, learned to press "A" in Kmail and to deal with the nuisance of
> private messages on list aliases (which usually land in my spam box and I
> don't get to read).

As the creator of the list, I usually point people to this:

This explains the tos & cons, and Karl leans slightly to my side of the
argument :) I prefer lists that don't set reply-to, but I participate in
both kinds, and appreciate that there is no black & white 100% answer.

This section also points to the two canonical rants pro & con reply-to.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary