[CREATE] OpenRaster reference library - libora

Luka Čehovin luka.cehovin at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 01:58:08 PST 2010

Thanks for your reply

> As for the missing bits, or underspecified part of the spec. Best is to ask for
> clarification on the list. Many of them are actually crucial for Krita (and
> most likely for a geglified gimp), but are not easy to do right. Also not
> helping, OpenRaster has fell from Krita's radar from "must have" to "nice
> have", time for us to raise again our goals for the format !

So far I have left out filters and such, because I am not aware (call
me ignorant if you wish) of any application that would use them very
intensively. Yes I have not done much research in this are so if there
is such an application I would be more than happy to collaborate to
add the functionality. Also ... I do not consider libora to be my
project ... i just want to kick-start the development :). I would
rather see that people from different projects would get involved so
that the whole api would not become too application biased in time.

libora is meant to be an IO library so adding things like filters is
not all that hard ... most of the work is still left to the
application.

For now my plans are to add thumbnail support and global metadata (are
there any specifications on that?) ... then document it and polish the
code. From there on it all depends on adoption of OpenRaster in
applications and community effort.

cheers,

ps: I think your mail went off the list ... I hope it was not
intentional because I am sending my reply back to the thread.

--
Luka Čehovin
http://luka.tnode.com