[CREATE] [LGF] A name !

helen varley jamieson helen at creative-catalyst.com
Tue Jun 1 05:14:36 PDT 2010

hi,
> personally i feel some urgency, yes.
> my experience has shown, that things that don't get done right after
> the LGM tend to be discussed again the following year. starting from
> zero.
yes, a common situation for many groups ... !!!

> you're welcome to organize a real-time brainstorming and i will
> welcome every better name that comes up!

as a new person in this group, i don't feel i'm in a position to
initiate or lead something like this, but i will happily contribute :)
> one last input from me -- for today -- on that matter: what are your
> (plural) feeling about using "reclaimyourtools.org"?

it's much more interesting than "create foundation" - it includes ideas
of ownership & taking an active & practical position, as well as being
creative/making something. if i didn't know anything about it, a name
like this would make me curious. it's also quite timely given the issues
of privacy & ownership of information, so "reclaim" will resonate for a
lot of people in the wider creative commons circles & makes sense in the
floss context.

h : )

helen varley jamieson: creative catalyst
helen at creative-catalyst.com
http://www.creative-catalyst.com
http://www.avatarbodycollision.org
http://www.upstage.org.nz