[CREATE] [LGF] A name !

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Jun 1 04:00:22 PDT 2010

hi helen,

thank you very much for your very intersting mail!
> some people have expressed a sense of urgency at getting a name,
> getting a domain, getting on with it. but if it's going to be a good
> name that lasts, that people already in the group like & that can help
> to attract new people, then it's worth spending a bit more time on it.
> maybe a smaller group could have a real-time brainstorming session in
> something like etherpad, then come back to the list with a few proposals.

personally i feel some urgency, yes.
my experience has shown, that things that don't get done right after the
LGM tend to be discussed again the following year. starting from zero.

last year we were exactly in same situation as we are now. there were
fewer people involved, but the ideas were very similar.

so: i'd like to avoid discussing about that website again after the next
LGM :-)

you're welcome to organize a real-time brainstorming and i will welcome
every better name that comes up!
"libre graphics" and "create" are for me fallback solutions which should
enable us to start with the whole thing.

one last input from me -- for today -- on that matter: what are your
(plural) feeling about using "reclaimyourtools.org"?

ciao
a.l.e