[CREATE] [LGF] A name !

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jun 1 14:07:21 PDT 2010

On 06/01/2010 05:36 PM, Robert Martinez wrote:
> On 06/01/2010 01:00 PM, a.l.e wrote:
>>
>> one last input from me -- for today -- on that matter: what are your
>> (plural) feeling about using "reclaimyourtools.org"?
>>

> That sounds like a good slogan/motto/claim in combination with "create"
> as a name for the whole thing. at least in my ears:
>
> Create - reclaim your tools
Looking at the stream of consciousness of the various messages, it seems
to me that on a pragmatic level, going with something simple, easy, and
already established, like the various create options, may be the best
way to pound a stake in the sand to get started.
This doesn't limit us to more explanatory subtitles or content
incorporating some of the very interesting suggestions that have been
made involving purpose, focus, or maybe even ones that explain what it
isn't. We certainly don't expect to come up with a name that "says it
all" -- that would be absurd thinking.

It's not even so catastrophic to start with a name, then change it later.

Greg