[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Jun 2 13:29:12 PDT 2010

buondì,

slowly, the discussion warms up!

i've read with much interest the mails from yuval, jan and christoph and i want to focus on three main points:

- free(dom) and graphic designers

- LG* and free(dom)

- LG* and creativity

so, let's go!

1. free(dom) and graphic designers

in the last few years i had the chance to meet several graphic designers (or other actors in the graphic "industry"...) which are actively participating in the LG* world. There are many reasons why they are using our software for (part of) their work, but it is fascinating to notice that several kinds of freedom play a bigger role.
(free)dom has most of the time to do with not having to pay any money (but they don't stress it too much), not depending on the will of big companies and -- the most pleasant part for me -- having they're workflow freed from a too strong

at the same time i also talked a bit about LG with graphic designers, who don't use any LG* software: on the one side, they're not concerned about free(dom) (as yuval wrote) and the other side they don't really seem to be concerned by creativity either. They mostly don't see the point of using an alternative applications suite, they know that LG* will give them only half baked solutions and are mostly concerned about being able to open their existing files. the only

2. LG and freedom