[CREATE] [LGF] Some goals, aims or objectives !

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jun 5 11:52:49 PDT 2010

dear creators,

as you may have guessed, i'm for a light-weight organization...

> - Do you find this LGA project useful, and why ?
> - How would it be useful for you on a daily basis ?
> - Said simply : Do you need a LGA, or is it a waste of time and
> energy in your point of view ?

what should the LGA do?

- i've done some booths and given workshops for LG and one question i've had to answer is: what is LG? it would make my life much easier if i could answer: an association (a foundation or anything else) and i'm representing it here.

- i see the LGA as the key keeper of the LGM, the memory of the LGM. with louis and femke i had to deal with questions on visa, refunding travel costs, accommodation, translations... which could have been better handled if we had an organization looking at those problems and keeping recommendations on how to deal with it. i don't think that the LGA should organize the LGMs (imo, relying on local organizers and giving them all the freedom they want, has proven to be a good way to go).

- the LGA should offer a platform with basic information and links to all of our projects. in as many languages as possible. as up to date as possible. (which probably means: as short as possible).

- the create wiki and the create mailing list should be the coordination platform under the umbrella of the LGA.

- the LGA should make sure that there are ways to get a certification for LG teachers and graphic designer. if it's easier, the certification may even not focus on the specific skills of the designer / teacher but more the software used: in many cases you just need a piece of paper and nobody will look at what is written on it!

- the LGA may be used to collect funds for the projects under its umbrella (each LGM being one of the projects). if we continue on the path of the good work done until now, we don't really need much (any) money to run the LGA itself, so we may be able to act as an "invisible" intermediator. no large donation should go to the LGA for now,  and there should be no fund raising for the LGA itself (all the donations would go to the foundation managing our finances and transferred to its final recipient(s).

how should the LGA work?

- the members of the projects under the LGA umbrella can be members of the LGA. people interested in the coordination among those projects can be in some sort of board of directors.

- the "constitution" should be as short and general as possible.

- the LGA should have an attractive name (and website)... but LG and L-G.org will do for now...

what's your idea of the LGA?

ciao
a.l.e