[CREATE] [LGF] Some goals, aims or objectives !

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 22:16:43 PDT 2010

On 6/5/10, Camille Bissuel wrote:

> So, ok, let's discuss it... To active contributors in LG projects :
> - Do you find this LGA project useful, and why ?

I wouldn't speak of it in the present tense yet :) As for perspective,
yes -- I do find this idea useful, but in very limited cases. I could
elaborate on reasons why most needs mentioned at
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Libre_Graphics_Association don't
really require an association, but I'll just say that the only real
thing an association could do, as I see it, is assisting teachers.
Because just being able to teach is often not enough to start courses.
Where I live you can't just walk into a company that does IT courses
and say "What ho, I know the Scribus thingie, find me a group of
students for 50% share" :) You need some sort of proof with a nice
name on top of it.

Right now we cannot even agree on the name of the organization. If
things are going same way when the organization actually is officially
started, I fail to see how it might work efficiently.

> - How would it be useful for you on a daily basis ?

I don't see how belonging to any association is useful on a daily
basis. It's not as if we were trying to start a trade union, eh?

> - Said simply : Do you need a LGA, or is it a waste of time and energy in
> your point of view?

For teachers who are on their tods -- yes, for the rest of the
articulated cases -- no.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org