[CREATE] Free as in Speech, and Vietnam?

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 14:19:12 PDT 2010

On 6/10/10, a.l.e wrote:

> just reread what louis wrote and you will realize that i (and other people)
> simply don't want one of our developers -- who is acting in conformance to
> the copyrights laws in his/her country -- getting into trouble just because
> the US of America has other rules on that matter.

Note how after saying that back in 2007 I stepped on my own toes three
years later by getting myself involved into reverse engineering :) So
take it with a grain of salt.

If we start considering what countries are less evil with regards to
human rights, copyright law and so on, we might as well lock ourselves
in a closet and never go out to see the light of day. So may I humbly
(yeah, right :)) suggest to step over the whole human rights thing and
accept probability of any free software developer being dragged
kicking and screaming to a local Vietnamese prison as zeroish?

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org