[CREATE] Art help needed with Pledgie campaign

Nathan Willis nwillis at glyphography.com
Thu May 6 13:26:15 PDT 2010

Hi all,
I've been talking to several FLOSS media outlets to help raise awareness of
the Pledgie campaign, and a few have written back to say they're
interested.  If we can create ads for them, they'll run at no cost between
now and LGM.  In exchange, we'd list each publication as a "media sponsor"

Here are the opportunities:

LWN.net:: LWN runs text-ads, we can have as many variations as we need.
Each ad needs to have a "title" string no more than 48 characters, and a
100-character message body.

Linux Journal:: (and I quote):: "a banner ad, 300X250, 3 loops max, 30
second max for initial movie, 12 - 15 fps max, PNG, JPG, GIF or Flash."

Linux Format:: they will run a specially-placed design for us, outside of
their adserver system.  Again, quoting:: "Come up with whatever size works
best for you - I'll make sure it's as prominent as I can. It won't run in
the little banner space, so feel free to make something big ;)"

There are a couple of other possibilities still in the works, but we should
move on these as soon as possible.  I know we have blog-badge / button
designs already for individual use, would anyone care to adapt one of those
into a format one of these publications could use?  Also, any suggestions
for the text ad?

Thanks,
Nate
--