[CREATE] [LGF] A name !

Jon Nordby jononor at gmail.com
Mon May 31 08:04:51 PDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Jake <cubibubi at googlemail.com> wrote:
> That is a good point from Boudewijn, though it depends on how much asking an
> organization do to the finance management assisting would associate one with
> that organization. What if they just did it in the background? What if they
> helped with the financial management, and KDE with something else?
>
> jake
As was discussed in the BoF, this is all an issue of branding and how
you communicate the connection (or not). It hasn't been an issue for
LGM, so why should it for a foundation?

If there is reason to believe it would be, consider this.
The membership model I proposed in the post I made in the "Libre
Graphics Whatever - charter prototype" thread might help solve this.
In this model, the GNOME Foundation (or anyone else) will just be an
ordinary member, whos contribution is, to handle the financial
management. Just like other member projects (or people from) will
contribute with making website, or for making logos, et.c.

--
Regards Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com